Saturday, May 22, 2010

malene barnett's home^^































"I am a Brooklyn, NY based African American carpet designer with a multi-disciplinary background in textile arts,
painting and illustration. My unique carpets, inspired by my international travels, boldly interpret cultural icons,
landscapes and rituals in an entirely fresh and personal way.

My passion for all things cultural stems from my world travels to places like Dakar,
Mumbai and Kuala Lumpur, as well as my African-Caribbean heritage.
I personally design each carpet to fit perfectly into your residential, commercial or hospitality environment.

For more than a decade, I have been creating carpets for industry professionalsand private label brands
such as Nicole Miller, Martha Stewart, Nautica, Liz Claiborne, Nate Berkus and others.

I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Textile Surface Design from the Fashion Institute of Technology.
It is important for me to be socially conscious in all my endeavors. To that end,
I proudly support Goodweave and Aid to Artisans in their quest to eliminate child labor practices,
provide education and preserve handmade crafts in Africa, Asia and South America."


No comments:

Post a Comment