Monday, June 29, 2009

And have you already decided about your self-identification?














during one of discussions
with my tutor of graduation thesis,
dedicated to the specifics
of modern japanese self-identification,
we faced the problem of
understanding the notion
"self-id"

this notion is really
very difficult;
and a huge number of
definitions, given by
philosophers, sociologists,
and psychologists, can serve
as a proof to my words

the more we talked about this very word
the more i realized that i myself have
problems with self-id)
i can't consider myself to any nation
my self-id is a detonating mix of various cultures,
traditions and customs)

such people as me are more flexible, opener and more
tolerant to different things
but at the same time can't absolutely feel their belonging
to a particular society or a group

we are with everyone and at the same time with no one
we create new kinds of identities and
add new meanings to the notion self-id)

No comments:

Post a Comment